Thursday, June 27, 2013

Providentia In Lumine

My brother Dale and I went on a day trip to Revelstoke while I was visiting him in Salmon Arm. There are always places out there where as you drive by you say "I'm going to stop there one day" This day was the day. One stop we made was at Craigellachie. This is the location where the "Last Spike" was driven in for the CPR on November 7 1885. On the other side of the Trans Canada Highway is a trail that leads up to a trio of waterfalls. When we reached the second waterfall called Cedar I started taking photos. Dale walked about 6 feet further and said I could probably get a better angle from there. As we switched spots the sun came out from behind a cloud which couldn't have been timed much better.

 Taken with the 24-85 at 24mm 1/100th sec at f4.5 iso 400.

 With this photo I used a longer exposure to give the water a soft flowing look. It adds motion to the photo. Some don't like that but I always have. 
 
 24-85 at 24mm 1/15th sec f20 iso 400

Hemlock falls further up is the tallest of the 3 falls and is interesting as it is split in 2. I didn't post a photo of it but if you are ever there it is definitely worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment