Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Childs Light

Children aren't usually as enthusiastic about having their photos taken as their parents. With Taryn we were talking about her rocks she painted and glued jewels on. She brought them over to show me as she was quite proud of them. I asked if I could take some photos of her with them. She said sure and posed holding them up in front of her face. I took a few photos then stopped for a second. She relaxed and looked down to admire her art a bit. It was an excellent opportunity to get some some candids and as often happens they were the best. It helped that Taryn is open and friendly and doesn't mind having her picture taken. Even with her though I knew her interest would lag if I dragged it out at all.

 I used the 24-85 at 24mm 1/80th sec f4 iso 100. I cropped the photo in some and converted to b&w with Nik Silverefex Pro 2.

Here is a photo a few moments later. She wanted to pose with her stick as well. We took a few and instead of putting the camera down I think I said something silly or laughed a bit. It got me a totally natural smile.
  The settings were essentially the same as the previous except I added a tone in the b&w conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment