Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's Good To Be Back

I decided today I have to start using my little studio space. I love going out and not being sure what I am going to come home with. I also enjoy picking something to photograph and figuring out how to set it up and light it taking control of the whole situation. Here is a first attempt, keeping things simple. They were set upon a translucent plastic sheet. I lit from underneath and above/behind. I think I'll have to get back into this a little more. There's a lot to learn here.

 The lens used was a 50mm macro  15sec at f22. iso 100. I had a flash underneath the plastic sheet with Lumiquest ltp  and another flash up and behind through an umbrella. The 15 sec exposure is not a typo. Either there was something wrong with my camera or it is some quirk of the Sony SLT a55. Too complicated to try and explain on here. Plus I got the shot. That's what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment