Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Take Me Out To The Photo Shoot.... No That's Not How It Goes.....

One day a few years back I made a project of using the light of a North facing window. All the light from a North facing window is reflected which is a nice diffuse light. At least in my part of the world. I guess if I lived in Sydney Australia I'd be talking about South facing light. There were some baseball items I had around the house that I thought maybe I could create a nice nostalgic still life. Great thing is with still life you can plan it all and really take time to think of all the elements. I set the camera on the tripod and tried quite a few different arrangements. The ball had to be the central focus. I arranged the baseball jersey so it could be anonymous but still recognizable as a jersey. I really wanted the "Slugger" on the glove to be part of the photo. It's such a baseball word. I think in this one all the pieces fit together very well and with that light from the window created a nice "after the game" atmosphere. 
 

I used the 100mm macro lens 1/40th sec f2.8 iso 400 on a tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment