Saturday, July 3, 2010

I'm In The Movies.....


Pretty big day today. I was at the movie shoot from 7:00am to 9:00 pm. It was filled with hours of watching them film then short periods of furious photo taking. (I like that line "furious photo taking" ha ha). I ended up with over 550 frames today which I now get to go through and delete the rejects, then trim the bunch down even more. This was a great experience for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I was very nervous at first as these people are all professional and I had never done anything quite like this before. The cast and crew were all so helpful and pleasant I was soon quite comfortable. Here is a group photo of the cast I took yesterday. 



The technical aspect was interesting for me too. Not being familiar with how a set is lit I didn't know how I was going to deal with the light. Turns out all the movie lights worked fine with the still camera. 
So this was a unique experience for me and given the opportunity I would likely do it again. 
This particular shot was 1/15th sec (very slow) at f3.5, iso 200 with the 17 mm lens. I had had to use that lens a lot as the space we were in was quite close.

No comments:

Post a Comment