Tuesday, July 27, 2010

And Now, The Other Side Of The Coin

Yesterday I showed you the sleek lines of a beautifully restored vintage Jaguar. It was about the sunlight but the car made a great subject. Now the opposite. An old piece of a truck tossed aside, perhaps to be used again but for now left to rust. Here is something great about photography. If you do it right you can take a photograph of an ordinary thing, or even something a person might not normally want to see, and make it art. It wouldn't be to everyone's taste but I think if one person out there enjoyed this picture then it qualifies. 

There are limits absolutely. I would never put something offensive in front of someone and expect them to see art. This is a whole argument of course that goes beyond my little blog here so I'll leave it at that. 

Shot with the 50mm at 1/2000 f1.7 iso 100 

Nicola, this is a Kenworth pronounced Ken-Worth 

No comments:

Post a Comment