Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hey You Graffiti My Graffiti?

Does that make sense? I am still coming to grips with painting graffiti on a wall then painting over the painting. I talked about it very briefly in a previous post . There is some beautiful work done here which inevitably gets painted over. I talked to a young guy recently about it. He is a pretty accomplished painter (I think he did this one). I asked him about how everything gets done over and no one seems to be upset about it. He said there's a sort of agreement that it's ok to paint over other peoples stuff but you should do it with something better. That doesn't always happen but usually it's at least interesting. When I saw this after talking to him it clicked with me. Really.......

 I guess you kind of have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment