Sunday, March 27, 2011

Forward Thinking

Remember Kodak photo CD's?  It was a format for scanning negatives or positives onto cd. I thought that was the cat's meow. However at $2 (I think it was) per photo I found I had to pick and choose what to put on the one disc I ever had made. This photo as far as photo's go wasn't very good. 

I had been Panning with the Hurricane and Lancaster as they took off together. This was in the day we were a lot closer to the runway. I put it on photo cd because I liked the angle of the Hurricane and hoped someday I could do something with it. The photo languished on the cd for some time until I started learning about photography on the computer. I went back to this photo and started manipulating. Fortunately the resolution on these photo's was quite high. I started cropping until it was just the Hurricane in the photo. At the time I thought the landing gear partially retracted look awkward so I decided to see what I could do with it. Taking it out seemed to be a reasonable option. It was one of my first attempts at it and I was very happy with the result. I've since used it as a centre piece on a web page and on some business cards. The good thing about the photo cd? I still have it and the photo because I have now gone through the same process with this photo twice, second time using skills I had learned since then. I may even do it again because I am sure I can improve. 

 Film. Not even sure what camera it would have been.... Maybe my Minolta 7000i or something like that.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool pic. Very impressive 'post production' result. You must have been shooting at high speed, because you've caught about 15 degrees of blade movement here. The cleaned up image is considerably brighter and sharper.

    ReplyDelete