Friday, February 11, 2011

Good Old Gaussian

I took this photo a couple of years ago and I have always really liked it. The way the cable comes from nowhere and goes nowhere. It was an ordinary thing that had been given a bit of an air of mystery. I had converted it from colour to black and white which really suited it better. I showed it to friends and even made a print or two. As I say I always liked it. There was something about it though. It seemed to be...... too sharp? Crazy. I rarely take a photo I don't want to sharpen let alone find too sharp. The granules of sand were just a bit jarring. I finally gave in and tried Gaussian blur, just enough to take the edge off. So now it is just right. 

 I used the 24-85 at 35mm exposure 1/100th sec f11 iso 100

1 comment:

  1. ...that was a good day. And now seems like so long ago...

    ReplyDelete