Monday, January 17, 2011

An Old Rose

When we get flowers we tend to keep them a lot longer than I think most people. Especially the roses. They dry up rather nicely and we don't have to get into a big rush to get new ones. I have used dried up old roses before and posted them. Actually the roses in that previous post are still around. They are in same vase as this one.

I used the 100 macro at 8 second exposure f16 iso 200. I went to that north facing window I like for light. Shooting macro you need to really close down the lens to get the whole flower in focus. So I used the tripod, a cable release and stood verrrry still for those 8 seconds.
I wonder if maybe sometime I should try catching some photos of the roses before they dry out. Oh wait, I believe I have. Time to go do a little digging maybe show 1 or 2 of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment