Saturday, May 15, 2010

Just Go Do It

Today my daughter and I got to wander down to a park a block from our place. I had planned to do some evening shots in the little playground with her all week. We had our dinner a little late and it was fast approaching sunset and I thought we were going to be too late. At one point I said maybe we should make it another day. I remembered the weather was supposed to go downhill tomorrow so I said what the heck, let's go. We got to the edge of the park and the sun was gone. So we set up right there at the fence and spent about 10-15 minutes shooting.

I used one flash wireless on a stand about 7 feet up with a Lumiquest softbox III. It was off to my left. I set the camera to manual and metered on the sky. The flash is controlled by the camera with wireless. I am subscribing to the one flash theory. It is simple and direct. Easy to set up and take down. Making changes and being able try different things is a snap. That, and I really only have one flash I can rely on. Maybe if I get another one I'll re-visit that line of thought. But for now........

No comments:

Post a Comment