Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's a New Day

I had a few thoughts today.
Looking at pictures by a lot of photographers I have been noticing how they make great use of the backgrounds they have. I am starting to think about what is around me and how I can use what is there. We have an old unpainted fence around our house that I think I can get a lot of use out of. This is my first attempt with it using my young model who is, of course, my daughter. 
This evenings little photo shoot gave me some other food for thought. If I am going to strive to take at least one picture a day, I have to get organized. So I am going to spend some time going through my gear making sure I know it works and where it will be when I need it. I am glad my daughter was rather patient with me this evening and I hope she enjoys the photo's I did for her. I may need her help again soon. Now on to tomorrow and see what I can come up with. 

2 comments:

  1. There is something about this one....the old fashioned beauty of your daughter..that striking red she is wearing...with the plain backdrop ....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will make sure she sees this, thank you. We had been going for a while and she was getting an "I am being patient with you" expression. haha

    ReplyDelete