Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Anatomy of an Apology- Dream Hamilton

1. I'm sorry.
2. Here's my understanding of how I hurt you.
3. I will never do that again.

I found these 3 lines of a quote on Pinterest and they stuck in my mind. An apology is such a simple thing yet we so often do it wrong.  Here is what I believe. The apology should be about telling a person your regret of something you have done. It should be done with no expectations and no agenda. There should be no attempt to make excuses.
You have to give it knowing it may not be accepted. That the apology may not heal. That trust may be gone for good. You have to understand that.



1. I'm sorry.
2. Here's my understanding of how I hurt you.
3. I will never do that again.
4. Here's how I'm going to make it right.
5. Please forgive me
-Dream Hampton

I found the rest of the quote after while I was searching for the author. I think the first three lines are key and your responsibility. The last two are up to the person you apologize to.

No comments:

Post a Comment