Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Light Out There

I am experimenting with doing posts while mobile. This goes along with carrying a walkabout camera. Sitting in Starbucks it has been a struggle to get everything working together and getting online for some reason. Finally got on. I think.
Whenever I go downtown I seem to gravitate to Christ Church Cathedral. Today the doors were open. I was given permission to take some photos once the service was done so I took a seat for the rest of the service. I am not a religious man but I find the Anglican church service a peaceful experience. 
Today I found that using HDR (high dynamic range) worked well in keeping everything exposed. 



As I sat there I couldn't help but think something was missing. I hadn't been in the church for a very long time so it took a bit to notice it was the pipe organ. I didn't know what they might have done with it until I asked if I could go up in the balcony and was told only the organist could go there. Seems during a recent renovation they moved it up there.
It must be quite grand and haunting to hear the music coming from behind and above. This really is a beautiful church, inside and out.



No comments:

Post a Comment