Sunday, July 24, 2011

Do The Tilt And Shift

Sound like a dance? Tilt-Shift comes from the tilt-shift lens. I don't want to try get all technical but the lenses are used for architectural and landscape photography. They can also make a neat effect where a scene will appear miniature or toy like. The unfortunate thing is they're an expensive lens for the casual user like me. The fortunate thing is we have computers and people who like to figure out ways to do things like this. Turns out it isn't all that difficult so I was able to figure it out pretty quick. A scene where you are looking down works best for this kind of photo but you can do other funky things with it too as evidenced by a recent post I did about my camera on my cell phone.

I used the 50mm 1/800th sec f8 iso 200. Shot from this train.

No comments:

Post a Comment