Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Look A Little More For A Little Less

On Granville Island right under the Granville st Bridge is a small fishing boat that has been put high and dry on supports to advertise a restaurant there. Upon seeing it of course the first thought is "Wow! I have to get a picture of that." I to raise the camera to my eye and go click. Then looking at it I wonder "How many millions of shots like that have been taken?"  So I thought we aren't here (Yes my day with Dar and Rina) to take holiday pictures, we're here to do photography. Does that sound like photographer snobbery? Hope not. I figured I should try to come up with something a little different. One way to do that is to get close and try to be a little abstract. Here is what I came up with. 

 1/1000th sec at f1.7 iso 200. If you have been reading this blog you know I use f1.7 a lot. I am straying from f1.7 a bit more because although I really like that shallow depth of field you often need more. I use aperture priority pretty much all of the time however I do on occasion use manual and on even rarer occasions shutter priority. I use shutter priority when motion is the primary concern and I use manual for..... I don't know.. just the heck of it I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment