Tuesday, July 13, 2010

If You Don"t Like it, Fix It

Take a photo that doesn't quite tell the story and change it so it does. Here is an example with this vintage police car. I took it straight and low to make it look big and powerful. However the modern truck and car in the background spoiled the effect somewhat. They were mostly sharp as I was using a wide angle lens. So, in PS Elements I opened it up and made a duplicate layer. I desaturated the colour out of the top layer. Then I masked the red light and the logo on the grill to bring the red out from underneath. I merged the 2 layers then created another duplicate layer. I put heavy gaussian blur on the lower layer. I masked out the area around the car on the top layer so the background would look out of focus. 
And..... Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment